Travel for 2 cost breakdown (at the time of writing this post):
- Carmel Country Inn: $210 per night
- Food/Entertainment/Transportation/Souvenirs: $1000
- GRAND TOTAL FOR 2 TRAVELERS – 4 days: $1840
***At this time, we are not endorsed by any outside affiliates. That said – when booking our trips, we have had a lot of success with Hotels.com, Skyskanner, and Tripmasters.
Toast the Moon always recommends using a passport. We also recommend TSA Pre-Check and Global Entry, because who wants to waste their vacation time in an airport line, am I right? Traveling around the United States is not difficult, but changes are in the air. Please be advised that as-of October 1, 2020 – basic drivers’ licenses will no longer be valid for identification in airports. Sign up for a passport or Real ID now to avoid complications later!
Explore a fantasy world, sip wine with friends, shop with celebrities, golf with the pros, and relax by the ocean in Carmel-by-the-Sea!
The part that I love most about Carmel is the charm mixed with playful spirit. The buildings make you feel like you’ve stepped into another world. You don’t have a home in Carmel, you have a “cottage.” There are hidden gems found throughout the city, and you could spend a weekend exploring all of the hidden roads, alleyways, and courtyards. I felt like a kid again looking for the secret garden, and I found several!
Beyond the fantasy world, there are plenty of activities for grown-ups and couples!
- The Carmel Wine Region is ever expanding – and the city of Carmel does a year-round tasting passport to let visitors explore all of the options in walking distance!
- Carmel boasts some of the Central Coasts most premier shopping – including international favorites like Tiffany & Co., if you’re looking for a romantic place for a proposal? All the way to local charm such as The Mole Hole for unique gifts and treasures.
- Carmel is home to Pebble Beach, which brings golf pros from around the world and celebrity spectators. You will no doubt see some of the world’s best golfers in this area – and, if you really want to explore – the 17-mile-drive takes you into and around the courses!
- The FIRST co-ed spa has opened in California. Refuge is exactly what it’s called. It’s a hidden refuge for men and women to refresh their senses, breathe, unwind, and enter utmost relaxation.
- Who doesn’t want to witness a great migration? If you’ve missed the whales in Monterey…Don’t fear! We also have butterflies! Every October Pacific Grove becomes home to thousands of Monarch Butterflies who find shelter in the Monterey County Eucalyptus trees! Check out the Butterfly Sanctuary for a beautiful walk among the butterflies.
Carmel is endlessly romantic and makes a perfect getaway for a proposal, honeymoon, anniversary, or just weekend away! Plus you are within close proximity to also see Monterey and Big Sur! Oh, and be sure to say “hi” to Clint Eastwood for me, next time you’re in town!
Toast the Moon Rating:
- Food and Drink: 10/10
- Culture/Locals: 10/10
- Things to Do: 9/10
- Adventure Opportunities: 7/10
- Cost: 8/10
- Total: 8.8/10 – Cheers!
Enjoy your adventure!
Toast the Moon – Cheers,
Noah and Majhon