Quarantine Week 7 – COVID-19
After almost two months of Shelter-In-Place (SIP) orders in California, the state has just extended our order until May 31st. California was the first state to issue a stay-at-home order, and chances are, they will be one of the last to remove it.
Meanwhile, in less populous parts of the United States, some are warily escaping the confines of their homes to find their way back to their places of work, places of childcare, places of entertainment.
I truly hope that their governments are right. I hope that the peak of the curve has happened. I hope that we’re on the downhill slope into good health, peace, and normality.
For me, I’m just not so sure yet….Viruses don’t just disappear forever. They can become dormant. And maybe this one will…
I can only picture going back into the world being a little bit like Groundhog’s Day. I think that when the time comes, it will be difficult for me to not see my shadow and run right back into my cave.
What will the world look like when we all go back to “normal”? These are the top questions on my mind. What are yours?
- Will EVERYTHING return to normal one day? Or will Social Distancing remain to some extent?
- Will there be new guidelines on sanitation, sterilization, and public places? Who will be affected?
- How many people will be asked to work-from-home indefinitely?
- If we move most “meetings” online, and people are encouraged to work-from-home more and more, how will relationships be formed in real-life?
- Do we still care about real-life relations? Or is that an antiquated and quaint notion that we should let rest?
- Will this put pressure on our government to lower the cost of medical care, ensuring that ALL people have access to healthcare, and to prioritize research and the CDC?
- How many concerts, sporting events, and other events will become live streams? Will live attendance be discouraged?
- Is this an over-reaction? How long did it take before people felt normal again after the Spanish Flu of 1918-1920? What changes did they make forever?
- How long until you feel safe to travel again?
- Where is the first place you plan to go?
Wherever it is – we hope to see you there!
Noah and Majhon